In order to cook up some ideas for my upcoming products and really get this blog rolling, I’ve prepared a little exercise. I would like to introduce a little crafting commitment called 10 Things. The purpose of this exercise is to choose ten things that I can make, design, craft, alter, refurbish, or redefine to make my life just a little bit better. This will not only get my creative juices flowing, but it may force me to overstep my boundaries a little, to experiment with territories unknown.
So let’s get to thinking. What could make your life a little better? What can you make that would help out with any old thing? Take a look at my list in case you get stuck.
- Craft Travel Container for taking my supplies with me wherever I go.
- Work Bag to condense all those things I should have with me when I’m walking out the door, as well as some
- Weights to attach to the bottom of the flag that I use for work, to keep the wind from picking it up.
- Idea Book so I can jot down anything that comes to mind, no matter where I am.
- Sock-suspenders to keep my socks from falling into my boots when I’m working in cold weather!
- A Purse that’s a better fit for me than the big bulky one that I’ve got.
- Secret Pouch that can hold things I don’t want seen or damaged, that doesn’t look suspicious.
- Computer Bag. It should also have a place for the adapter and some accessories.
- Dress that’s pretty, perfect, and ready for summer, and
- New Jewelry to match. ‘Cause a girl’s gotta stay fresh.
There may be some things on your list that you couldn’t possibly make. Maybe you don’t know enough about binding to make your own leather journal. Use this as an opportunity to learn how to do something new, and take up a new craft. Maybe you need a new office chair, but you’re not exactly an office carpenter. Having the required tools and space for the project might be another issue. Instead, consider adopting a vintage piece from a thrift store for reupholstering or refinishing.
So now that I’ve decided on 10 Things that I absolutely need, that’ll come in handy more than once, that I’ll be thankful I decided to make for myself, it’s time to start crafting. Thanks for reading, internet, and check back soon to see how my 10 Things turn out!