Hello, internet, and welcome to my very first ever Fashion Friday post! While I’m super excited to share this awesome outfit with you, please be sure to keep a critical mind with you while you’re here, because I’d love to know how to improve upon this series if I decide to keep it going. That being said, feel free to read on… Read the rest of this entry
Hey, internet! Today was an incredible day for several reasons.
- Exactly one month ago today, Shubette Handmade joined Facebook!
- Brad and I got our Jeep Liberty back!
- Brad and I got our first paychecks for flagging this season!
- Paychecks mean craft supplies. ;)
I’d like to discuss these things individually and in more detail.
1.a. That’s right! Shubette Handmade has a Facebook fanpage! I’ve been signed up for exactly one month, and I finally got around to blogging about it. So if you’re on Facebook, look me up at facebook.com/ShubetteHandmade.
1.b. While I’ve got you thinking about social networking, I also think it’s time to discuss finding me in parts of the internet outside of the blogosphere. As of right now, I’m on so many internet platforms that I can’t even count them! For real though, I just haven’t tried to yet. I’ll do it as I write this post – bonus points if you join me!
pinterest.com/shubette – I’m pretty much obsessed with Pinterest and the organization of ideas and inspiration it provides. I’m constantly working to categorize everything just right and expanding to new boards and planning new projects. It’s a continuous stream of creativity for me.
@shubette on Instagram – While I’d heard of Instagram and seen a few pictures here and there uploaded just so, I just decided to give it a chance this week with my android phone, and it immediately became my new addiction, my new little “toy”. If you’re on Instagram too, give me a follow!
@shubette on twitter – I’ve had my account with twitter for quite some time, but I’m not the type to access it everyday. Until Instagram, which will post my pictures for me. :D
etsy.com/shubette – with a recently updated profile! Just saying.
If all else fails, you can connect with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and somehow that connects me to my Google+ page. That’s 5 or 6, depending on how many times Google counts, but excluding blogging platforms. Are you still with me?
2. This car gave us hell. We were on our way home from work one day and all the sudden the transmission went. We were on a pretty busy road, and I had to hurry to put my boots back on, get out of the car, and push. Luckily there was a gas station right where we had our little problem, so we didn’t have to push it very far. We also managed to luck out because the nearest Jeep dealership to our almost-accident was 10 miles away, and it happened to be one of only two places that didn’t charge us much at all because it just so happens that this certain Jeep dealership was essentially owned by the same company that sold us ours and we had just 2000 miles left on our warranty, exactly, to the mile. We also got a new rear suspension because there was a safety recall on ours. If you have an ’04-’05 Jeep Liberty and live in a cold weather area, take it to your nearest dealership and get that fixed up. Read more about it here.
3. A job is a job. Money is great!
4. I bought some materials to make new things to sell! You’ll be seeing something fancy in my etsy shop really soon! I also got the chance to visit a consignment shop nearby and got a blazer that I have been vying for since I first saw it there last winter. I was struck by luck not only in finding it still there, but by the chance that I was paying with my card and had to make a purchase of at least ten dollars, which enabled me to get an awesome new-outfit-matching pair of shoes! (Yes, there’s a picture of them on my Instagram…) You can expect to hear more about this haul in the very near future, and the great little store in which I scored it.
Bonus picture: Brad and me in a photobooth, taken months and months ago. All in all, I’m glad I got to share what’s been going on lately, and if you want to find me elsewhere on the internet, now you know where to look! I look forward to seeing you on the other side! Thanks for reading.