Hi, internet! Today I’d like to cover some of the changes that I have planned for my blog and business this month!
- Blogging days. This month I’ll be blogging every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, instead of on Tuesdays and Fridays. I’ve decided to do this to challenge myself a little more and to force myself to share more valuable content with all of the interwebz.
- Design. You may have noticed that I’ve changed my background! I’ve been putting a whole lot of thought into the design of my blog and working on a few things to spruce this place up a bit. By the end of the month I hope to have a cohesive and custom theme put together so my blog and my etsy shop are matchy-matchy and copacetic. I’ve also managed to rearrange widgets a little and include a link to my etsy shop right in my sidebar, as well as links to some other platforms you can find me on, like Facebook, Twitter, and Bloglovin. Explore a little. ;)
- Sponsors! Up until this point, I have not featured any sponsors on my blog. While I will not be starting a sponsorship program in June, I will be keeping my eyes and ears(and inbox) open for anyone who might be interested in sponsoring in the month of July! I will very likely be giving away some free spots in return for a sponsor spot on your own blog. If free stuff like this interests you, you can email me at shubette.etsy(at)gmail(dot)com and we can talk about how to be blogfriends. :)
- Featured project Monday. Every Monday I will be blogging about my current featured project. I’ve chosen my first in this post, but haven’t really worked on it much since then. If I dedicate every Monday to blogging about my featured project, I will be more motivated to do the work on the weekends that are required to finish these less-business-related tasks that I’ve assigned for myself, and you readers will get a peek at my creative process. It’s a win-win.
- Less cards. While I do love papercrafting, it’s just a hobby and I’m not selling the cards I make in Shubette Handmade. This blog was created with the intention of documenting my business progress, but has become so much more. My blog is my primary marketing and promotion tool for my shop, and my means of communicating for my business. I want to be able to provide more useful, quality content, so I’m cutting out my weekly card posts to replace them with content that will be better for your brain.
As you can see here, I’m working on having a much better blog. Today, however, I’ll be enjoying my time with Brad’s family at Knoebel’s family fun park in Elysburg, PA. Enjoy your weekend!